Sweet Hitchhiker

I was alone driving across Colorado that bright summer afternoon in 1986 on my way to a friend’s wedding. I was torn up over the whole thing, as this was to be Chris’s wedding. The same guy, who, for the past several years told me, that he had loved me; was getting married. Talk about conflicted…

Nonetheless, I knew I had to be there. He had asked me to be the best man, and I had said yes.

So there I was, alone on a long stretch of road with nothing in front of me but conflict and nothing behind me but bittersweet memories.

I stopped at a little road side restaurant and grabbed some lunch and checked my map and realized that even though I had been driving for what seemed like three weeks, I still had several hours to go before I’d arrive in Denver. I should have flown.

Back in the car and not fifteen minutes from the diner, I saw a guy standing on the edge of the road, his thumb out. I was feeling like I needed an adventure, a diversion, I was feeling stupid, so I pulled over.

The guy leaned into my passenger side window, and I was immediately taken with his boyish good looks and his beautiful sea-green eyes. He smiled winningly at me and said, “Are you going anywhere near Boulder?” I told him that I was going Denver and he smiled wider, “Can you use some company? I swear I’m not a psychopath, and I’ve had all my shots.”

He was very cute, this hitchhiker with reddish/brown hair and the afore mentioned green eyes. He was wearing a pair of cut off denim shorts and a rather weathered button down shirt that was open almost to his belly. Strapped to his shoulder was a rather overstuffed back pack.

Expecting the uncomfortable silence between strangers, I switched on the radio and there was Madonna singing to her father again. I switched to another station and found some dreck from Billy Ocean and finally ended up settling on a station that was playing that song from Top Gun by Berlin.

“The state of popular music,” my traveling companion said smirking, “is it me or does everything musically just suck these days”.

“It aint you, my friend”, I replied. And with that he laughed and I laughed and suddenly I felt very comfortable and we began talking … He was a student at University of Colorado, Boulder who’d be starting his junior year that fall. Originally from Denton, Ohio he had decided to try his thumb at hitchhiking back and forth, and for the most part had made it with little drama. His name was Rick.

I turned the air conditioner on in the car and the hitcher smiled, “Nice”, he said, “God bless freon!” And then he asked me where I was headed, and so I told him … told him everything. I don’t know why I felt so at ease with him, but I figured if he had any issues, he could always get out and walk to Boulder.

“So you’re gay?” He asked. I nodded, “Cool, me too”, he said reaching into his back pack.

Then and there in the middle of nowhere Colorado, I gave a silent thank to god, who must be gay, considering my luck.

He was a good listener and after I told him about Chris and the impending wedding, he told me about his latest heart break and we ended up commiserating on the current state of our sex lives.

We passed a motel just fifteen minutes outside of Elbert when he said, “Hey, what time do you have to be in Denver?” I told him that the wedding was in two days. “Well, why don’t we stop and chill for a bit. I have some money, I can help pay for a meal and a room – maybe we could clean up, decompress for a bit.”

We checked in to the Gold Rush Inn in Castle Rock. “So what say we take a shower together?” Rick asked throwing his back pack on the bed. “You are a cheap date!” I laughed nodding my head. “No way, man, you will owe me dinner for any favors that might happen,” he replied and we both laughed as we made our way to the bathroom.


He was slim and wiry. His skin alabaster, his ass, beautiful. He undressed in front of me in the stark light of that cheap hotel bathroom and gave me a “what do you think” look. I winked at him and told him to get the shower running. A few moments later, the shower at full blast and Rick soaping himself up I joined him, “Hello,” I said coming up behind him and talking softly in his ear, “Welcome to the Bates Motel”, he chuckled as I reached for the soap and began to lather his back, slowly making my way around to his chest and down to his stomach. He pressed his sweet ass up against my already engorged cock and and I brought my mouth to his neck and gave him a light kiss and he said my name. Then he turned around revealing a very respectable cock and we began to kiss in earnest, our dicks slamming up against each other, our hips grinding to some unheard music. He grabbed my cock with a soapy hand and began to jerk me off and I did the same to him and within a few seconds we both came in a violent dual convulsion that nearly knocked us both down on to the floor of the shower…

Drying off he laughed, “Oh god, could you imagine the cleaning lady coming in and finding two dead men in the shower?”

“With each other’s dicks still in their cold dead hands”, I added as I used the towel to snap him one on his ass. He let out a yelp and we dried off and dressed and went out for dinner.

When we got back to the hotel room, Rick went right for his back pack and produced a bottle of red wine and small package. “What have you got, I asked”?

“A cheap bottle of red wine, all the better to seduce me with, and a pack of condoms…have to play safe these days.” He laid the pack of Trojans on the bedside table as I took a couple of paper cups from the room’s kitchenette.

We sat on the bed and tried some of the wine. It was foul. “You can be had for a cup of vinegar?" I asked grimacing.

He squinted his eyes and spit his wine out on the floor, “Guess this shit does not travel way”.

We dispensed with the bottle and drew into each other’s arms. This time, the kissing was urgent, the embraces more powerful on both our parts. He wasted no time unzipping my jeans finding my cock. I tore his shirt off and began taking his belt off. It took us minutes and we were stark naked, lying across the bed, sucking each other off. I loved the taste of his cock which still smelled of soap. Meanwhile, Rick was doing a number on my dick, sucking like his life depended on it. When he took my balls into his mouth, I nearly blew my load. I flipped him over and bit him on his ass and then gave him a sharp smack across his left butt cheek. He looked up at me and smirked, “Tough guy”, he said, “Do it again”, I slapped his ass again and then began to lick and kiss the red mark left there. I worked my way up his back, kissing him until I reached the nape of his neck. He said my name again, and then asked me to lie on my back.

I got comfortable as Rick performed some amazing work with his mouth on my cock. When I was as hard as I could possibly get, he shifted up and grabbed the pack of condoms and like an expert he placed one over my member gently unrolling it like peeling something backwards. Once my cock was fully encased. Rick gently crouched above it and sat down on it.

I watched as he began to ride me. His face contorted in pain and pleasure, sweat running down his forehead. I reached up and began to play with his tits as he bounced faster. He screamed out once saying, “Damn, oh damn I need this so bad!” My own cock was pulsing with a life of it’s own as Rick’s tight ass squeezed it like a milking machine. His face was beet red now and he threw his head back when he came shooting his load up and over my shoulder, twice!

He said my name again, and that made me come. In fact I came with such ferocity that I almost threw him off of me. I actually howled, on fire, coming like a maniac with a guy I had known for less than three hours.

After we were through we lay side by side sharing a cigarette. We talked about politics and world affairs and if the Colby family would ever frequent a place like the Gold Rush Inn…and then we got under the sheets and made love again.

The next morning, Rick woke me up with a blow job. It was the best wake up call I’d ever received.

We grabbed breakfast and got back on the road a little after nine am. I actually drove him all the way to Boulder, we said our goodbyes in the parking lot of his apartment building, exchanged numbers and gave each other a somewhat passionate kiss goodbye.

I drove on, back to Denver, to my former fuck buddy’s wedding, with the taste of a stranger’s kisses still on my lips and thought about life and the basic complexity and the, sometimes, unexpected sweetness of it all.

No comments: